Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, November 30, 2012

Thankful Thoughts Days: The last half of the month

I know I have failed in the last half of the month things got so busy, but that does not mean I was thinking of my list.

Day 16: 
I am thankful for airplanes. 
I am so grateful that this technology exists for us to use. This makes it a lot easier to go home! I can't imagine traveling thousands of miles on a boat!

Day 17: 
I am thankful all the blog writers out there. I like being able to read all the creative, insightful, and wonderful things all these writers put on the blogosphere. Thank you all for taking the time to share your lives with me.

Day 18: 
I am thankful for the gift of journaling. In this day and age, journaling can be so easy. It is no longer necessary to have a pen and paper to get your personal history out there. I have always being a big believer in writing down your history. When I was in the fifth grade, I read one of my mom's first journals and I was so happy to get to see a bit of her childhood through her 3rd grade self.

I personally think just by blogging I am able to record my history in way that can be easily preserved. If you have not recored your history, I encourage you to do so. Your children and grandchildren will be grateful- trust me!

*And a little plug to my new obsession gandake.com  
check it out- journaling has never been easier!

Day 19: 
I am thankful for my girlfriends. Having close girlfriends is the trick to keeping yourself sane. I am so happy and grateful that I have these wonderful girls in my life. Whenever I need to vent, or share, or even a daresay gossip, these girls are there for me.

Ladies you know who you are.

Day 20:
I am thankful for movie nights with my baby love. There is nothing I love more than snuggling down and watching a movie with Matt. Whether we are in the theaters or at home, I love the movies.

Day 21:
I am thankful for rainy days. For real though, rainy days in Hawaii actually make it feel like it is winter time.

Day 22: 
I am extremely grateful Matt and I were able to fly to California to see my dad for Thanksgiving. And I am thankful Matt took it upon himself to learn how to prep and cook the turkey! It was such a wonderful dinner and we had a great time seeing my dad.

Day 23: 
I am grateful we were able to go to Sprinkles cupcakes while we were on our trip. It was yummy yummy! And I am always a fan for a good cupcake.

Day 24: 
Beach days! Matt and I don't go often enough, but I am so thankful we live in a place where beach days are possible.

Day 25:
I am grateful for pedicures. This might seem a little shallow, but I am thankful that we can afford for me to get a pedicure now and then. I feel so much better about myself when I get one of these, and they are so relaxing.

If you have never tried it- do so!

Day 26:
Well duh... I am thankful for eternal marriages. Two years ago I married my best friend for time and all eternity. This would not be possible without the temple. Words can't express how thankful I am for this blessing.

*Also, I am so thankful for my marriage! Two years baby!

Day 27:
I am thankful for the holiday season. I love the attitudes of people during this time. I love the Christmas music. Our little Christmas tree and our decorations. I love drinking warm apple cider. I am so happy when this season arrives!

Day 28: 
I am grateful for my contacts. A small thing, but I am so glad I have these babies. Without them I would be completely dependent on glasses- which I hate!

Day 29: 
I am grateful for the simple moments in life. It is in these moments that one can really appreciate life. Life is not made up of a few big events, but of many small simple moments. In my life these moments are- my husband making my breakfast and lunch each morning.... a good phone conversation with my mom on the way to work.... a letter in the mail from my little brother Jud... a picture from a student. These are the small moments that make up our days and what we remember.

Day 30:
I am thankful for seeing the examples of others with posting what they are thankful for and leading me to take this step. I don't know if this counts as a last cop out, but I am glad I took the time to remember the things, both small and large- both silly and serious, that I am thankful for!

I hope you enjoyed reading and if you missed out this November, it's not too late!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex