Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful Thoughts- Day 1

Seeing as it is now November - the month of Thanksgiving- I thought it would be appropriate to blog about what I am thankful for. Some of these will be preplanned because they are always on my mind and some of these will be just random things that I noticed throughout the day- just to mix things up! Plus, sometimes the small things in life you are thankful for are the things that make a difference between a good and a bad day!

I love Thanksgiving and I love November, so it would be selfish and lazy of me if I did not do this. Plus, I think at this time in the year people start to get a little HOLIDAY CRAZY and forget what this time of year is all about... So here it goes 30 days of Thankful Thoughts!

Day 1: 


I am thankful for my job. 

Let me explain why I have put this. As most of you know, Matt and I live in Hawaii- one of the most expensive places in the U.S. to live. After I finished school, there was a period of about three months where I did not have a job. It was summer break for the schools here in Hawaii and no one was really hiring. As June turned into July, I was really really worried that I would not find a teaching job and if this did not happen- I was not sure how Matt and I would continue to be able to live here while he finished up his program. 

Luckily, I found a job at one of the best schools on the island- Mililani Middle School. This is where I did my student teaching... and it was the same grade level.... with the same subject (Hawaiian and Pacific History)!!!! So I was able to reuse a lot of my material. 

I know without a doubt I was hired because of all the prayers and fasts that my family and friends did for Matt and me. I also know that I owe a lot to my education program and the fact that I was ready to be a teacher. 

I am so thankful to be able to work at a school with good resources, good people, and good kids (most of the time)! I am also thankful that I am able to bring home a consistent pay check for my little family of 2. 

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the rest of Thankful Thoughts



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex