Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday's Letters #2

Dear Matt, I am so happy to be with you again. I am excited to explore our new home together. 


Dear Korea, you are freaking hot right now. Like the minute I step outside I am sweating. I can't wait till you cool down- when will that be? How do people survive your summers? For real, I am melting here. Other than that you seem pretty cool. Dear Yeongtong, For not being a big city you sure seem like one. You have everything we would need and I can't wait to get to know you better. Thank you for having so many signs in English- I really appreciate that. 


Dear Health Hoop, I have no idea what you are, or how you make people healthy, but you make me laugh. 


 Dear Steamed Dumplings, You're not too bad. You are proof that I will survive eating in Korea. Actually, I haven't had too much stuff that is horrible. My first bite of Kimchee was a little unsettling, but I'm willing to try it again. So far this week we've had Korean BBQ, Vietnamese, and Italian - all of it was pretty good. 


 Dear Skype, Thank you so much for existing. You really are a life saver. I love seeing the faces of my loved ones- it makes the distance apart a little more bearable. Dear Family and Friends, if you are not on Skype you should be. How else will be stay in touch? You will also be happy to know that I have had only one breakdown this week, and really I think that was more to do with being jet lagged, hungry, and really really hot. I am sure the people in the grocery store were a bit put off at the strange American girl crying in the grocery store. But in my defense it is quite a shock to see 1. Foods that you really have no idea what they are 2. Foods in ways you are not used to seeing them (i.e.- Fish with heads still attached.) and 3. Everything written in Korean. While more popular items have English underneath. There are still a lot of foods with just Korean writing, and all instructions are in Korean. I'm sure things will get better, but that was just a bit of a shock and I couldn't help but crying. 



And lastly, Dear Strong VPN, thank you so much for allowing me to watch international t.v. Without you I would have no way of watching Netflix, Hulu, or any other U.S. broadcast. You really do make my days waiting in the apartment a lot more enjoyable. *This service is only $50 a year!

For all my readers- things are going pretty well. Matt and I explore every night and try to live it up the best we can. There are some adjustments to be made, but so far so good. 

2 comments:

  1. I love, love dumplings. and it's 10:30PM here, and I'm craving some right now because of your picture. yum!! xo - chels @ LLinaBC.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea, Thanks for stopping by. Dumplings are one of my favorite things to eat here :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex