Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, August 16, 2013

After All The Traveling - Here's Where I Am

I have been a traveling machine. From July 10th- August 10th I have traveled a total of 15,180 miles. In one month I did that!

This last month has been a lot of fun. I got to fly home to Georgia, drive to Missouri and back, fly to New York, stop off in California for a few weeks, and finally make my way to South Korea.

Last Friday, I made my way to the San Francisco airport to start my journey as an expat.
 {Note: My bags were under weight- thank goodness!}



The flight was a total of 12 hours and around 5,500 miles. It was the longest flight I have ever been on, and I must say it wasn't so bad. I flew Asiana Airlines (you know the one that crashed at the San Francisco airport about a month before I was to fly). Everyone was asking if I was nervous about flying the airline, but, as I had no other choice, I wasn't too nervous. I really just didn't want to be on a plane for 12 hours. {The flight to Honolulu to Atlanta is about 10 hours.} 

Here's what I loved about the flight: 
1. You had your own personal t.v. with plenty of movie choices. 
2. I had an empty seat next to me so I had a bit more room. 
3. The flight attendants were always coming around with drinks. 
4. They handed out hot towels. 
5. They feed us three times, and it wasn't too bad. 
6. After the meals, there were toothbrushes, toothpaste, and mouth wash in the bathroom. 
7. We got slippers, a pillow, and a blanket. 
8. The headsets were free. 

*From what I heard Korean Air is pretty similar, but I was happy with Asiana. 

Finally, after 12 hours I arrived at the Seoul Icheon airport and was reunited with Matt after 8 weeks apart! It was so surreal seeing him in person after so long. And it was surreal being in a place where I was so completely foreign. 

After the flight, I was so exhausted all I wanted was a shower and a bed. And after an hour of travel I finally got my wish, and I saw our apartment for the first time. 

Here is our apartment for the time being. 


{Our kitchen and washer} 



{Our bathroom. So what we have to do for showers is hold the shower head you see in the picture and all the water just drains on the ground. The shower head used to have a hook to hang from, but it broke. This type of bathroom is a wet bath. As you see everything is in one place. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I hope our next bathroom will just be a bit bigger.} 


{Storage area by the kitchen and bathroom} 


{The sliding doors are for an area that dries clothes since we don't have a dryer.} 



{We only have a twin bed, so we have an air mattress as well.} 


{The view from our room. There's a screen which is why it looks funny.} 

As you can see our place is very small, but it's working out pretty well for now. We will be moving to another place in a couple of weeks, so for now I am still living out of my suitcases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex