Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Year of Cotton aka Year Two



I can't believe it has been two years! Looking back I found a little pattern that matches this two year anniversary.

2004- I met Matt for the first time. He claims we met at a mutual friends birthday party, but I have no memory of meeting him there. (I know I had seen him around here and there because we were in the same stake, but our first 'meeting' wasn't until 2004) I do remember meeting him at church when my family moved into his ward, and I thought this kid is a little strange, but still cool.

For 2 years, we continued a pretty casual friendship; in fact, I was better friends with his sister.

2006- Matt left for his mission. We wrote each other for 2 whole years! We were just friends, but I consistently wrote him and kept in touch.

2008- Matt comes back from his mission and we continue to talk as friends for another 2 years! It was not until 2010 that we started dating... got engaged... and got married!



2012: And now 2 years later we celebrate our second anniversary.

2 + 2 + 2 + 2= 8 years! 
Matt and I have been a part of each others lives in some way or another for 8 years! People always are surprised when they realize how fast we got engaged and married, but we had been friends for so long!




So November 26, 2012 we celebrated our second anniversary. The night before we had just gotten back from California, and we both had work and school so we wanted to do something small but special.

We decided to have a picnic at Sunset beach. We don't know where we will be next year, so we thought this might be our last chance to have a beach side anniversary. I picked up Stortos sandwiches from Haleiwa, we had Martinells, and ended the night with Sprinkles cupcakes. It was nice to just have a small picnic with just the two of us. 

 

Gift wise we did not go with the traditional cotton gift. I bought Matt these Adidas shoes he really wanted and I got these Gandake journals- yup obsessed I have told you! I am looking forward to documenting our first two years in both journals.



Matt and I had a great time and we continued the celebration by going to Wicked Sunday night. I am extremely happy Matt is in my life and will be for all eternity! If I have to be with anyone for eternity I am glad its this guy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex