Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Living in Hawaii Update: Matt Leaves for Korea

Last Saturday was Matt's last in Hawaii. It is really hard for me to believe that our time in Hawaii is coming to a close and our new adventure in Korea is starting! 

Since it was Matt's last Saturday we decided to make the most of it. 


 {We went to the beach and one of Matt's favorite places to eat.} 


{We went to a cousin's graduation party. PS- I made the blue and white lei.}


{We finished packing up all his stuff.} 


{We had a last meal together at I Hop. Matt really wanted Mexican, but it was really late and this was the only place open. It ended up being really really good!} 


{We even sat on the same side of the  booth and cuddled.}



{On Sunday morning, I dropped him off at the airport, and we said our goodbyes. And I'll admit there were lots of tears. I am so excited we have this opportunity, but I am sad we couldn't start it together.} 

And that's how we spent Matt's last weekend in America. It has been a rough week, but I am so thankful for family and friends that have kept me busy this week. 

Matt is doing well in Korea and so far he loves it. I can't wait to get out there and see all the exciting things he has been talking about. 

2 comments:

  1. When do you leave? My Matt left last week for his 5 week Air Firce Officer's Training, so I feel your pain sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I leave Hawaii on July 10th, but I will be going to Georgia to visit family and then I will leave for Korea on August 1.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex