Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Little Inspiration: The Starfish Story


The Starfish Story

Original Story by: Loren Eisley


One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed
a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean. 
Approaching the boy, he asked, "What are you doing?"
The youth replied, "Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out.  If I don't throw them back, they'll die."
"Son," the man said, "Don't you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can't make a difference!"
After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf.  Then, smiling at the
 
man, he said, 
"I made a difference for that one."

I love this story. This reminds me of my little Chinese siblings and the difference my family has made to these little starfish! 

It also makes me think of my students and the impact I can have in their lives. 

If you like this story please pass it along! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex