Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year's 2014

I'd like to say Matt and I were exciting and went to Seoul for New Year's Eve, but we weren't. Matt actually had to work that day, so we had a nice night at home. 

On the 31st, we had dinner out and then rang in the New Year at our place. Our night consisted of cake, games, bubbly, and Harry Potter.  Maybe next year we'll make it into Seoul.

{Matt and I did enjoy playing around with the tripod and remote my dad sent us for Christmas. We love it!}


 Every month last year, Matt and I both wrote a favorite event, activity, or memory we had of that month and put them in a jar. New Year's Eve we dug them out and read them. It was really nice to look back at our year and see what we had done.






The next day wasn't that exciting. We had plans to go to a Japanese restaurant, but it apparently no longer exists. We tried another place, but it was closed- even though it was just 7:00. Then we tried to go to a movie, but it was all sold out. So we just ended up eating near our home and then heading back to our house. 

It was a wonderful day, but we didn't have to go to work so that was a huge plus!

Like most people around world, Matt and I sat some goals for the new year. Here are a few things we want to accomplish:

Have Family Home Evening every Monday night- This does not have to be a formal thing, just something to keep us together.
Work on genealogy- Last year, I got pretty far on my dad's side, but I want to keep working on it. I am looking at getting a membership to Ancestry.com. When I was at BYU we were able to use this site for free, but now that we are away I am missing it.
Work on Korean- This is something we have struggled with, but I know it just takes getting into the study habit for it to work.
Get back on a normal sleeping schedule- With us not going to work until 2 and getting home at 9- we are on a very unproductive sleep schedule. Our goal is to go to bed around 12 and wake up between 8 and 9.
Exercise three times a week- Matt and I really go through cycles of exercise, but our goal is to slowly work on this.

We have a few others, but these are the ones I feel we are most likely to slip up on. To keep ourselves accountable, we are going to have weekly updates during our FHE nights. At least that's the plan.

We hope your New Year's was good, and good luck with all your 2014 goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex