Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Blenheim Palace: Travel Tuesday

I haven't linked up for Travel Tuesday in the last few weeks, so I thought I would go back to my England days and share a pretty cool place with y'all. 

Blenheim Palace 

{via

When I was on my study abroad, our group had the opportunity to take a tour through Blenheim Palace, and I am so glad we did! This was such a wonderfully beautiful place, and I can't wait to go back and share this place with Matt. 

Blenheim was awarded as a World Heritage Site in 1987. The palace was built in the early 18th century and was built as a gift to the First Duke of Marlborough. Blenheim was also the birthplace of Winston Churchill. The palace is filled with history and is absolutely amazing! The grounds are beautiful and I think it's definitely worth a trip to Oxfordshire to see this place. There are tours that start every 20 or so minutes and they are very informative. {Like so informative, Matt and I were watching a documentary on Churchill, and I knew most of the facts from his early life. All thanks to the tour.}  Pictures are not allowed inside, so that's kinda a bummer since it's so beautiful, but the grounds kinda make up for that.





 {The whole courtyard is filled with gravel that you have to keep off of- which I found to be a bit strange.} 


{I love how large the gates are to palaces like this} 

We didn't get to walk around the gardens all that much, but from what I could see they are just as beautiful and should be checked out. 

{via}



If you have the chance, I would take a day trip and visit this World Heritage Site- you won't regret it. The palace is beautiful inside and out. My favorite part was the 'Long Library', so if you take a tour, be on the look out. 

{Like I said, pictures aren't allowed on the inside, so this picture was found on the Blenheim website.} 

Info: 
Ticket Prices for Palace, Park & Gardens: Adults 21.50 and Children 11.80 

{Source}  

{Linking up with Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex