Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Gratitude 101: Part 7

It's time for another link up with Erika for this week's Gratitude 101! {If you missed any of my previous link ups just click here.} 


GRAD-ITUDE 101: A Linkup By Chimerikal

I wanted to share something simple this week, and in my search I came across something great!
Here is a poem called -

Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire.

If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don’t know something,

for it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times.

During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations,

because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge,

because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes.

They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you’re tired and weary,

because it means you’ve made a difference.
It’s easy to be thankful for the good things.

A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who
are also thankful for the setbacks.
Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.

Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
and they can become your blessings.
~Author Unknown
How great is this poem?  I love the line "Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive." Just a different way of thinking about a problem can make all the difference. 
{via}
Happy Wednesday y'all! 

Gratitude Moments for the Week:
1. So happy to have another day off this week. Thank you Korean holiday!
2. I'm grateful for the cool weather allowing my husband and I to have frequent mini dates at our local coffee shop.
3. Project Life- I am so excited to start documenting our time here in Korea with this wonderful product
4. General Conference - I'm so happy there's a time twice a year where we can hear from the leaders of my church.

12 comments:

  1. Alex, thank you so much for linking up again with GRAD-ITUDE 101! And that quote at the very end of the poem is what stood out to me the most in reading it! Gratitude DEFINITELY does that and it's been helping me so much with that! :) Thank you for sharing this!

    --Erika
    http://www.chimerikal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika- I love these link-ups. They really do help out my week and make me feel so much more positive about my life. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Oh oh oh how exciting that you are starting Project Life! It is such a wonderful way to document life...I NEED to start one of those...I hope you two have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa- I am SOOO excited for my Project Life. I have been researching and looking at the different kits for months now! I am so glad I am finally taking the Project Life plunge. Thanks for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  3. There are some definite truths in that poem! Also, I hadn't heard of it, but Project Life sounds interesting... have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I am so glad I found that poem yesterday- it was perfect. Project Life is really cool. There are so many bloggers that use it to document their lives. I got so excited seeing what everyone was doing that I just had to order a kit for myself!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing that poem. Very needful for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it helpful Rita! You're always in my thoughts. Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. i've always wanted to make a scrap book, but it just seems like such a big project! i'm excited to see how it turns out! i haven't been in korea forever.. so i'll be living vicariously through your experiences. i miss the street food there the most. :) even though it's hard to be thankful for all those things in the poem, i guess it makes us better ultimately. funny how in hindsight you see 20/20 but not when you're going through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like the whole purpose of Project Life is to make scrabooking easier. There is no glue involved - all you need is the binder, core kit, pictures, and a pen. When I get started on my book, I'll def. be showing pictures!

      Looking back on things is always easier than living in the present with the trials, but if we can look ahead I think things always work out!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex