Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Friday Flashback #4

This week I thought I would share a story with you. When I was young my family would go on vacation to Florida to visit my Aunt Nickie. Sometimes my mom would treat my brother and I to a trip to Disney World and one time we went with my Abuela and Papa. I was five or six around this particular trip with my grandparents. My mom always made sure I was close to someone or holding someone's hand so I would not get lost or taken.

Whenever we were standing in line, I made sure I was holding on to someone because I did not want to get separated. And this is where my story starts:

My family and I were standing in line for The Pirates of the Caribbean ride. And if you have ever been in the line you know it is really dark in there. So of course, I wanted to make sure I stood extra close to my Papa. So there we were walking along and then we stopped and were waiting...

My Papa had his back turned to me so to make sure I stayed close I put my hand in his back pocket (now remember I was five or six so that's not weird, plus I was short so it's all I could reach. And remember it was DARK!) But then all of a sudden I look up and my Papa turns around to look at me.... except it was not my Papa!!!!!!!!! It was a STRANGER and my hand was in his back pocket! I was really embarrassed, but at the same time I was scared because I did not see my Papa... or anyone in my family! Luckily, the stranger was pretty nice and he just smiled and helped me find my family (they were just a couple of people in front of me!) It all worked out, but of course I started crying and have never forgotten when I stuck my hand in a strangers pocket.

And there is my Friday Flashback! One of my most embarrassing moments of all times!

Stay tuned for next week.

1 comment:

  1. That is a hilarious story! That's the scariest thing when you're a kid. When I was around 9 I had a similar experience, but luckily I didn't put my hand in the stranger's pocket! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex