Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope your Valentine's Day was more exciting than mine and Matt's. Today I woke up and got ready for student teaching. While I was doing that Matt made my breakfast and lunch (he does this every morning- I know very sweet!) At 7:00 am I rushed out the door with Matt helping me to the car (he does this every morning as well!) Anyway, we were in such a rush we did not even say Happy Valentine's Day.

I remembered when I reached Sunset Beach, one of our favorite spots on the beach, so I called and wished him a quick Happy V Day. The rest of the day was a rush of student teaching, dealing with crazy sugar hyped 11-12 year olds, and the hour drive home. Although, I did get a phone call from my sister Chantal so that was a bright spot.

However, that bright spot ended when I got stuck in traffic! My hour drive turned into an hour and a half! I finally made it back to Laie where I said hello to Matt and then rushed to work!

We had a staff meeting at five so I saw him for a bit then and then he went home and I stayed until 8. At 8, I went home and Matt went to work!!!! Another quick hello and then goodbye!

But when I got home this was waiting for me:

How cute is this little guy? I love sock monkeys for those of you that don't know! A sock monkey and a homemade card- it doesn't get better than this! (Lowe You Want is how we say I love you... when we were dating one night we were texting goodnight and I was extremely tired and texted Lowe You Want.. but I thought I said Love You... so now it's a little joke and now you are a part of it.)

Okay, so I said it doesn't get better than this, but then I looked up and there was a Stouffer's Lasagna in the oven! Soon after I got a text telling me that the lasagna was ready! How sweet of my husband!

This is my second Valentine's Day as a married gal and I must say I love it. We always say no gifts, but Matt always gets me a little something! Plus, this year he said Breaking Dawn could be another gift! How lucky! Janice and Kevin (my in-laws) sure raised a good seed! I love that he thinks of me because my dad, Barry, would always give me red carnations and my mom would always set out special Valentine's Day treats for all of us when I was growing up. I miss my family so much and I think Matt tries very hard to keep my spirits up! And he succeeds.

When I got home I finished my homemade card for Matt:
Do you like it?

Saturday we are going to go out to eat and have a real date night, and I will of course let you know how that goes! But today ended up pretty darn good and that's all thanks to my husband!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY FRIENDS! I hope y'all had a great day with your loved ones! Here is a song to share with that someone special. I love it, and I must say thanks to my friend Roxanne for sharing it with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex