Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Ta Keo: Cambodia

Happy Wednesday Y'all! 

I woke up today and felt like throwing up a post, so here we are back in Cambodia. I am so far behind on my posts, so I am going to try to get all caught before we head out to Vietnam at the end of the month. 

Today I am sharing the temple of Ta Keo. This was one of our stops along the small circuit tour we took the first day of exploration. Ta Keo is thought to have been the first temple to be built entirely out of sandstone by the Khmers. 

Ta Keo is currently being restored, so there was a lot of scaffolding around the temple. There were also a lot more piles of stone waiting to be put back in place. 





Stairs. Stairs. Stairs. So many stairs! If you ever plan on going to Angkor- be prepared for the stairs. At times they are brutal, but they are always worth it in the end. 








It was nice to walk around Ta Keo and see how it differed from the other temples we had made it too. It was really beautiful even with all the scaffolding up and about; I'm sure it will be even more wonderful when the restoration is finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex