Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday Letters 62

Happy Friday Y'all! 

{Are you surprised I'm actually posting on a Friday!} 

I hope your week went well. Man- am I glad to see the weekend. 

Here's what we've been up to this week. 

-Working on the never ending grad school applications
-Trying to Skype my mom 
-Reading Amy Poehler's book Yes Please. 
-Giving my middle school students a speaking and writing test
-Eating yummy Subway
-Continuing our thankful thoughts for the week
-Day 9: Lovely hiking outfits
-Day 10: Beautiful Buddha we got to see
- Day 11: Wonderful Korean holidays like Pepero Day
-Day 12: Inappropriate t-shirts my students wear
-Day 13: My wonderful sister Chantal 
-Day 14: My beautiful cousin Greyce 

This week was pretty good up until today. Today would have been my cousin's 27th birthday. Greyce passed away last January, and this was her first birthday since her passing. It hit me pretty hard today and man did I just want to be home. So today I've been fighting a lovely range of emotions. And I am feeling super homesick. I talked with my Abuela yesterday and I'm about to skype my cousin Jessie, so I know that will help. But man am I in a funk right now. 

Luckily, I have an amazing husband and we had a low key date night with pizza, and he let me watch The Santa Clause and eat cake. I usually am pretty strict with my rule of no Christmas movies before December 1, but when you are homesick you do what you gotta do. 



Tomorrow we have some plans to get out and about. 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. 

Love, Alex 

2 comments:

  1. That t-shirt is hilarious! The barman when I was in Japan used to wear a t-shirt that said on the front "fuck you" and then on the back "you fucking fuck". Le sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas movies are a foolproof way to deal with the homesickness :) Cake can never hurt either!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex