Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Saturday, September 8, 2012

I Can't Believe It's Been A Month... but I have been busy

Well, the olympics are long over and Jenny is long gone. This last month has been crazy. I had a friend come stay with me, I started school back up, and well work sucks a lot out of me. By the time I get home I am so tired I can barely stay awake until 9:30 let alone blog about my life.

But I will try to catch you all up in the exciting life of A Fay.

Like I said the most exciting thing was Jenny's visit around mid-August. Her visit worked out perfectly because I was on break from school and was able to spend all my time hanging out with her, plus I had a real job so we were able to go and do some fun things.

We went to the beach a lot! I actually got a pretty good tan (although it is now fading). 

Matt was able to go with us a few of the days! 
 Of course we went to the PCC. This time around I thought I would try the small group tour. I would have to say it is definitely worth doing the PCC that way, except I must warn you the tour guides will say the word cousins so many times you will want to scream by the end of the day. So beware of that. 

Note: Please be impressed by my artistic skills of grass weaving... yup I made that myself... however, Jenny threw away my final masterpiece. (Oh and P.S.- it's a fish) 

We went to turtle beach and saw some turtles :) 

We also went to Iolani Palace. This was the last home of the Hawaiian monarchy before/ during the overthrow. They made us wear these cloth slippers to protect the floor in the palace. Matt and I were able to get in for free because of the Kai'maaina (local) discount- which was awesome. The palace was really interesting and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to learn more about the overthrow. 

Another must was to see the USS Arizona. This time we did the audio tour- again really impressed with  it. Here is Matt and I in front of the USS Bowfin- a submarine. 

My cousin Ashley suggested we try this restaurant called Shokudo. They had the best dessert- honey toast with ice cream. TRUST ME - you have to try it! 


We did lots more stuff and it was a blast! Jenny stayed for about a week, but it was the best time ever. We had such a great visit and I can't wait to see her again. When I dropped her off at the airport I got about one exit back before I started crying- it was a little depressing. So here's to you Jenny.

2 comments:

  1. A Money! I had such a great time. Thanks again for the lovely vacation. And I would have started to cry, but I became too angry and pissed off at all of the stupid people in the United line for baggage drop-off. What is so hard about going to the next available spot?! Can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I had no idea you had problems with the baggage drop off!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex