Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer Reads: Part III

Although I have been MIA the last couple of weeks does not mean I have not been reading. Also, this series will now just be 'reads' as it is no longer summer for me and I want to still share what I read from time to time!

I have been attempting to read Jane Eyre, but it is slow coming. I just can not get into that book, but I am going to keep trying.

I have read a lot of my 'trashy' romance/ thriller novels. I won't be sharing all of those books, but I do want to share my latest read: Where We Belong by Emily Giffin. This is her latest book and overall it was pretty good.


It is a lot like her other books (Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Baby Proof, The Heart of the Matter, and Love The One Your With). I have read all of her books. Something Borrowed and Something Blue are by far my favorite, but Where We Belong is definitely good.

The thing that frustrates me the most about Giffin's books, but at the same time something that I also love about her books are that the main characters are always so flawed and selfish. I guess a more accurate term would be that her characters are real and experience real feelings and tendencies.

Where We Belong is about a story about adoption and a relationship between a birth mother and the daughter she gave up. It goes a lot deeper than that, but if you want to know more read the book!

Another thing I love about Giffin's books is that there is always a cameo from her previous characters. In this book, you learn more about Claudia from Baby Proof. I loved reading about them in this book and look forward to seeing a cameo about Conrad and Marian in her next book- whenever that comes out.

Where We Belong came out on July 27 and I think it is worth reading, especially if you are a fan of Giffin. If you have never heard of Giffin click HERE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex