Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, March 26, 2010

Roxanne's Visit (aka A Week of Never Ending Activities)

Last Wednesday a friend from Hawai'i came into town... of course she stayed with my family, but made it really clear that she has always wanted to come to Atlanta and I was just a perk.... only Roxanne would say something like that :)
Anyway, so starting Thursday I took Roxanne around all the major places around town.... Here are the highlights! i just have to say I never have gone to so many places in Atlanta in such a short time... Roxanne really wore me out... although it was nice to see her I must say I was really happy to get to sleep in today and not have to go to any touristy places!

Here we are at the Coca-Cola Museum
Here is us on the American Idol couch for Season 5 of American Idol- I guess this is where Carrie Underwood sat... which was a big deal to Beth... for me I thought it was just a sweet couch!

*Please note that on this day I had to go to work at 4:30 so we were in the car by 2:30 to start heading back... but of course we got lost in Atlanta for about 40 minutes and then got stuck in traffic so I was 45 minutes late to work! I felt bad but oh well. But I guess you just have to remember that if it is possible I can get lost anywhere!
But really what the highlight of my night was New Moon coming out on dvd! That night after work Chantal, Joe, Roxanne, and I went to Wal-Mart to get the dvd at 12:00 am! We got there right at 12:00 and there was already a line wrapped around the store! We ended up waiting for about 45 minutes... but the funniest part were the drunk girls in front of us that almost got into a fight... but finally we were able to get the dvd and then go back to Chantal's house and watch it. Of course by that time it was 1:00 am and we were all tired so we didn't even watch it!
Us with the dvd... please excuse how rough we look... it was 1:00am! (PS- Joe just wanted to be part of the picture... I don't think he really was that excited about watching the movie!)

Saturday was probably the longest day of my life! Roxanne had a long list of things she wanted to see while we were out and about! So Saturday at 9:30 am (mind you I went to bed at 3:00 am the night before) we headed downtown to see the aquarium, Centennial Olympic Park, The Varsity, Underground Atlanta, and Piedmont Park. Plus, that night we went to the Marietta Fish Market and then out to US Play for some Karoline! Let's just say by the end of the night I fell into a deep a coma!
This is in Cennential Olympic Park- they were setting up for a marathon for Cancer Research (look J Atlanta has a run for cancer too... although I did not run seeing as it was a marathon not a 5K!) Anyway, they had all these porta potties and I thought the name of them was so funny... so of course I wanted to take a picture with them but upon closer inspection they really did smell horrible!
Hahaha I thought this picture was great.. are you enjoying this J?
Sunday we got up early again and headed to Stone Mountain... this time we borrowed Beth's GPS... of course I had to change the voice to a British male to give me directions... and I named him Sir Tom... he even said things in British English...
We took the skylift up to the top because it was rainy and cold and I would not let them walk up it... But I still think it was fun!
"Contemplation Part II" While Roxanne was still inside reading all there is to know about Stone Mountain Joe and I were having a photo shoot... but it was really really cold
Us at Little 5 Pizza! Yummy! J I think you would like this part of town

Anyway, this is part one of her visit... as you can see we did sooo much stuff!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! A) I loved it. B) I was sipping on my Camelbak whilst looking through this. I started chuckling when I got to the picture of Matt holding the statue's hand. Then I scrolled down a bit more, saw the "Are you enjoying this J?" and started choking on my water because I was laughing so hard. C) I love Contemplation Part II. It really is a work of art. Joe's giving me a run for my money as A.Fahey's model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A- I am glad you loved it
    B- I have decided to always reference you in my blog since I am pretty sure you are the only one reading it
    C- I am glad that you always tell me you are drinking from your camelbak
    D- Yes, I too loved Contemplation Part II... it really was perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex