Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Yonggungsa Temple: Busan

Happy Tuesday Y'all! 

It's time for another Travel Tuesday. Today I'll take you guys back to Busan. 

On our quick trip to Busan we were able to stop off at Yonggungsa aka the Temple by the Sea. Unlike most temples that are in the mountains- Yonggungsa is right on the ocean. This temple was originally built in 1376 and then reconstructed in 1970. 

Matt and I didn't have any plans for Busan other than seeing the beach, so we added this temple to our list. And if you are ever in the area- I would recommend making a stop here. It was really one of the most beautiful temples I've been to so far. I think the ocean just added to how amazing it was. We actually visited at the perfect time because the cherry blossoms were in bloom, so it made the temple grounds all that more beautiful. 

Be prepared for a ton of pictures- I couldn't help myself. 



 {I feel like all the taxi drivers in Korea need to be praying to this pagoda} 

{This walkway was filled with beautiful statues} 










All through the temple there are buddhas that represent different things. Buddha for the birth of a son. For academic achievement. Good marriage. It was interesting to see all the different buddhas. 





 Do you love this place or what?!? 

Yay for spur of the moment adventures. I am so glad we were able to make it to this temple. It was so worth it. We took a taxi from Haeundae beach and it was about 8,000 Won. You can also get there by subway or bus. 

For more information click here


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful setting! And the cherry blossoms just add so much beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really did! I'm glad we stopped off here.

      Delete
  2. This looks like an amazing temple! I love the way it is built on the rocks right next to sea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I haven't seen a temple on the water yet, so it was pretty amazing!

      Delete
  3. WOW!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pics are great. My fav is of the big gold Budha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes! The cherry blossoms were here as well and it was awesome!

      Delete
  6. I LOVE this temple. It was possibly my favorite place in Busan and it looks gorgeous on Buddha's Birthday with all the lanterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex