Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Haeundae Beach: Busan

While we were on our weekend getaway down South, we were able to stop off in Busan for about 5 hours. The top thing on my list of to-dos was see Haeundae Beach. 


Haeundae Beach is one of the most popular beaches in South Korea. In the summer, the beach is jam packed with people. The whole beach is lined with umbrellas. Since I am not one to enjoy a beach so packed you are literally sitting on your neighbors, I thought going in the Spring would be perfect. 

We had the beach basically to ourselves. It was too cold to get in the water or lay out for a bit, but I really enjoyed walking up and down the beach with my feet in the water. 


I miss Hawaii so much, and being back on the beach was like being back home. I wish we could have spent more time there but I guess we will just have to go back before the crowds take over. 

Overall, the water and the beach were in pretty great condition. I thought it would be a lot trashier because of how busy it gets (maybe it's different in the summer), but it was a pleasant beach to walk around. 


Matt and I walked along the pier and continued snapping pictures of the  ocean. There is a nice wooden walkway that wraps around the ocean that I would recommend walking through. 



 I love the old ladies in the background. They were having a blast on this suspension bridge. 



Gwangandaegyo Bridge- This was another check off my list of to-dos. I really wanted to see this bridge, so check and check. I wish we could have stayed and seen it at night, but this was a pretty amazing view as well. 


We only had a short time walking around Busan for the day, but I know we will be back. It reminded us a lot of Miami (well- at least CSI Miami) because of the glass buildings that were surrounding the beach. 

If you are visiting Korea, I would recommend a train ride down to Busan for the day or weekend. It's a pretty amazing city to explore. The KTX train takes about 4 hours and the ticket price is about $36. 

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful beach. I don't blame you, I would really miss Hawaii and the beaches as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never imagined missing Hawaii as much as I do, but now that we are gone- I know that Hawaii is our true home. Hopefully we can move back after grad school.

      Delete
  2. Alex, you lucky beach-going people! What a gorgeous beach! We didn't get to explore Busan much, but with that beach I think I'll have to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After living in Hawaii for so long, it's been a rough transition living in Seoul. But going down to Busan was amazing. It was nice to see the ocean and walk on the sand again. I hope you get back to Busan one day.

      Delete
  3. Busan is definitely one of the places we intend on visiting when we get to Korea this summer. Your pictures make me so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen- I would so recommend it. I love Seoul, but I think Busan is pretty special. I can't wait to make another trip down there soon. I can't wait to see your Korea adventures- it's a wonderful country. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

      Delete
  4. Wow, this place is beautiful! I looove the picture on the suspension bridge. Peace signs for all! haha Lovely finding you through the Travel Tuesday linkup! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. Busan was pretty amazing. We had a great time exploring the area. And those ladies on the suspension bridge were pretty amazing.

      Delete
  5. I would love to go to Busan one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Chantal! It's only a four hour train ride - maybe faster by car. It's worth a weekend trip.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful place to explore! The ladies behind you are hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing. I didn't expect it to be so nice. And I know- those ladies were perfect!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex