Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday Letters #32

Happy Friday Ya'll! 

This weekend I have big plans of dyeing Easter eggs and studying for the GRE. Little bit of fun with a whole lot of studying. 

Today I am linking up with Kate's Daily Diaries again, so I'll get started with my letters. 

Dear Last Weekend, You were quite uneventful. I spent Saturday taking a practice GRE test, and realizing I need to put way more time into the math section. Sunday I studied a bit and watched Parks and Rec. I have finally caught up with the whole series and I really love that show. 

Oh! We also made homemade applesauce on Sunday, and it was amazing. I'm going to talk about our process in a post on Monday, but I gotta say it's probably the best applesauce I've ever had. We finished eating the batch we made by Wednesday, so we're going to make other one this weekend. 

Seriously- so good. And I know I said we ate it, but really Matt had a couple of bites and I destroyed it. 

Dear Monday, Middle School test prep is still going on, so I got to leave work an hour early. I made use of that time by doing a bit of exercise and catching up on the blog. It was also my niece's 4th birthday so we made an amazing birthday video for her. Dear Bubble Tea, I have been craving you for a while, and Monday I finally got me some bubble tea. MMMMM…delicious. 



Dear Tuesday, Noting too exciting happened on Tuesday. Oh well, we did get the news that Matt's boss didn't approve his taking 5 of his vacation days, so the Thailand trip we were planning on taking this August got squashed. I was actually really pissed because my director approved my days off a long time ago. Speaking of… Dear Director, Thank you for being a pretty amazing director. You support me when necessary and let me do my thing the rest of the time. You are also really supportive when it comes to days off. I am really lucky to be working for you.. and not the neurotic woman Matt is working for. :) 

And I may or may not have had another bubble tea. 

Dear Wednesday, Today was one of my long days since I have 6 classes, and my second to last class is filled with middle school boys… aka my turd class. (I know- I know- I'm a great teacher.) This class schedule makes  for a really long day, but today I had movie night to look forward to. Dear Divergent, Well- thank you for finally making your way to Korea. I'm glad I finally got to see the movie, and I gotta say- I was impressed. Plus, I love when American movies come out here. It's like a little piece of home. 

Dear Thursday, Well we have some news! Since our summer Thailand trip was bust (at least for 2014), we decided to plan a quick trip to…. Vietnam! We have a very short summer vacation at the end of July and so we booked tickets to Hanoi, Vietnam. 
Dear Vietnam, If you asked me a year ago- shoot 6 months ago- if Vietnam was on my travel list- I would have given you a hard NO. But being in Korea has changed that. And reading other travel blogs has changed that. And so we bought tickets. I am nervous, but overall very excited. We got a great flight, so we will be in the country for 5 days. Yay! 


We plan on spending two days on a boat like this cruising Halong Bay. 
{via}

Dear Mom, I know what you're thinking. 'What the hell? Vietnam?' But I promise- Vietnam will be cool, and if not- it's an adventure! 

Dear Friday, Thank you for being here and so quickly too. Overall, the week went by fast. I wasn't as productive as I should have been, but you know what- sometimes that's how it goes. My goal for next is to be more productive.{IE- Study and workout more… and not sleep in everyday.} 

Also, today marks the official two week countdown before Cambodia! That's right- in two weeks, Matt and I will be on our way to our next adventure of Cambodia. So very excited! 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! See ya Monday. 

Love, Alex 

Daily Diaries with Diaries of an Essex Girl

12 comments:

  1. Vietnam!?!! I could NOT be more jealous! AND you had bubble tea this week. Seriously, I kind of want to swap weeks with you right now. I really need to get myself in on some Asia action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bubble Tea is so amazing- I could drink it every day. We are very excited about Vietnam and can't wait for our trip. Asia is pretty darn amazing, but I don't think it holds a candle to the UK.

      Delete
  2. SO jealous of your upcoming Vietnam trip! It's on the top of my travel list right now so I'll be excited to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Destiny! I can't wait to see what the country has to offer. I've only heard good things about visiting Vietnam.

      Delete
  3. Too bad your travel El plans for August felt, through, but Vietnam seems absolutely amazing! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were really excited about a long trip to Thailand, but that will just have to wait till next May. I think Vietnam is a great substitute and we are very excited.

      Delete
  4. That's so exciting! Cambodia and Vietnam? I can't wait to read all about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mallory! We are very excited to go.

      Delete
  5. Vietnam how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!!! I never thought in a million years I would be going to Vietnam!

      Delete
  6. Yes Vietnam is going to be amazing!!! I am so jeal you are spending 2 days on Halong Bay. Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so excited to spend time on Halong Bay. From your pictures and other things I've read- it's going to be a blast.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex