Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Seoul City Hall {Travel Tuesday}

Happy Tuesday Y'all and Happy April! 

I think Spring is officially here, at least in Korea. It's been nice to see all the trees start to come to life again. 

For Travel Tuesday, I want to share a building that we came across during one of our explorations through Seoul. Seoul is an amazing mix of modern and historic architecture, and I realized I've never shared any of the modern with you guys. 

Seoul City Hall 


City Hall is the glass building and the Seoul Library is the building in front. The library is what used to be Seoul City Hall, but the new hall opened in 2012. I really love the look of the new building. If you have time to wander around Seoul Plaza, you should. There is tons to do around this area and in the Spring and Summer there is a nice grassy area for you to use. 






We walked all around the building and it was pretty cool to look at it from the different angles. We didn't go inside, but maybe next time. It's so crazy how diverse the city of Seoul is. One week you are exploring a palace from the 1300s and the next you see the new City Hall that was built in 2012. 

Travel Tuesday
{Linking up for Travel Tuesday}

12 comments:

  1. That building reminds me so much of one here in Iceland called the Harpa. I love all the shapes the glass makes and how the light reflects off of it in different colors, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and it reminds me of Myzeil in Frankfurt! I love the movement of the glass, it's art.

      Delete
    2. That's so cool there are similar buildings all over the world like this. I really love the building and I love to take a walk by it when we are in Seoul.

      Delete
  2. That is such an interesting piece of architecture! The old city hall and now library is what the City Hall here in Kyoto looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna- it is a pretty amazing piece of art here in the middle of Seoul!

      Delete
  3. This building reminds me of one we have in London on the Thames. No idea what it's called though! Spring has definitely sprung in London as well, it's lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I know which building you are talking about! I think London is pretty similar to Korea in that there is old architecture right next to modern.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It really was. I'm glad we were able to stop by and check this out. It's pretty impressive to see.

      Delete
  5. Pretty building! Your new design looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex