Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 9: A Photo


Day 9: A Photo 


This is not a particularly good photo, but it means a lot to me. In May of 2010, Matt and I were able to travel out to Idaho to see my Grandma and Grandpa Henson. In April, my Grandma was diagnosed with cancer and it had already progressed pretty quick. It was really important that Matt meet my Grandma, and for me to be able to see her one last time. 

So we flew out for a visit. I am so thankful we were able to do this. The weekend we were there, my grandma was having some fairly good days. We got to talk about my wedding plans, I showed her a picture of my dress, she met Matt, and we spent quality time together. We went to one of my cousin's dance recitals, we had a mini family reunion so my Idaho family could meet Matt. I talked to my grandma as she laid in her bed and we laughed at the funky p.j.s my Aunt Nickie sent her. We sat on the couch together and she tickled my back like she did when I was younger. Her and my grandpa debated on whether my hair looked better short or long. {Grandma said short; Grandpa said long.} These memories I will cherish forever. 

 This picture was taken right before Matt and I left for the airport, and it was the last time I saw my grandma. As I said goodbye, we hugged and she told me she would see me again. 

My grandma died about a month after that visit. I can not tell you how happy I am we decided to fly out to see her. I am thankful I have this last memory of her and this last picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex