Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Country Hike {Travel Tuesday}

Since you guys enjoyed last week's Travel Tuesday where I share my hike in Herefordshire, I thought I would share another hike with you this week. 



When I was in England, I had the opportunity to take a nice 9 mile hike through the Lullingstone Country Park, specially on the Darent Valley Foot Path. My group was lucky enough to be guided by these three brothers that were evacuated to this part of the country during World War II. During the 9 mile hike, we walked through hop fields, through towns, through castles, through pretty much anything, and we did it in the nice English countryside rain. It really made the 9 miles go by fast... haha. Actually, it was pretty nice to see such a beautiful part of England. The only thing that was depressing was how the three old men were in much better shape than I was. 

Here are some pictures of the hike: 






 {Lullingstone Castle} 


 {The Hall- This building was constructed in the late 11th to early 12th century. In the 18th century it was converted into stables.} 



 {Yummy.... mushrooms} 








Would you take a 9 mile hike in the rain to see this? 

{Linking up with Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. I would most definitely hike in the rain for that! So pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn- Looking back on it, I'm glad I went on the hike. It was very wet, but it was so beautiful.

      Delete
  2. I love hiking and anything that looks like Hobbiton is great!

    Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh me too! Well... I'm not the most enthusiastic hiker, but I do love scenes that look like this.

      Delete
  3. We always tend to get stuck in some sort of mist/rain when we go hiking, it adds to the countryside I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dannielle- I completely agree with you- the rain does add something.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex