Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, November 22, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 22: An Expectation


Day 22: An Expectation 

When I was young, I used to think about what my future husband would be like. Would he be tall, dark, and handsome? Would he be a doctor? A teacher? Would he love to read? I had a lot of questions, but one that never crossed my mind was: Would he treat me nice? 

To me that was just a given. My expectation was that my husband would treat me with respect and kindness. I'm truly thankful for this mindset that I grew up with. This expectation allowed me to really look at the guys I dated and hold them to this standard. When Matt and I started dating, I knew he would treat me exactly how I should be treated, and sometimes even better than I probably should be. :) 

To me, Matt is the perfect husband because of this expectation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex