Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Monday, November 11, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 11: Something I've Learned

Happy Monday Y'all! I hope your weekend was nice and relaxing. Welcome to the second week of November, and a second week of The Thankful Project. 

If you haven't started the project yet, don't worry about missing the first few days- just start now! 


Day 11: Something I've Learned 

Today's topic is bit hard for me. How can I just pick one thing that I've learned to share for today? 

The answer to that is I'm not going to. Here's my list of things I'm thankful I learned: 

1. Teaching- I'm so grateful that I received my teaching license. Not only has it provided a steady income for Matt and I, it's something that I love to do. 
2. Patience- This is a work in progress, but I think being married and being an older sister has really helped me with my patience. 
3. Actions Speak Louder than Words- One thing that I have learned is that doing is more than saying. 
4. Writing- While it's not perfect, I'm thankful I have the ability to express my thoughts. 
5. Baking my Abuela's Sweet Potato Recipe- This is something really simple, but I'm so thankful I learned how to make this. This dish is my favorite part of Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. The last couple of years, I have been away during the holidays and I have been able to make this dish on my own. Just making this brings me closer to my family even with me being so far away. 
6. To Live on a Budget- This again, is a work in progress, but I'm so grateful of all the advice I've read and had in my life. Life is so much easier when you stick to a budget. :) 
7. That Family Comes First- I'm grateful that my family has always been there for me, and that they have taught me this lesson. Without family- what do you have? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex