Happy Monday Y'all! I hope your weekend was nice and relaxing. Welcome to the second week of November, and a second week of The Thankful Project.
If you haven't started the project yet, don't worry about missing the first few days- just start now!
Day 11: Something I've Learned
Today's topic is bit hard for me. How can I just pick one thing that I've learned to share for today?
The answer to that is I'm not going to. Here's my list of things I'm thankful I learned:
1. Teaching- I'm so grateful that I received my teaching license. Not only has it provided a steady income for Matt and I, it's something that I love to do.
2. Patience- This is a work in progress, but I think being married and being an older sister has really helped me with my patience.
3. Actions Speak Louder than Words- One thing that I have learned is that doing is more than saying.
4. Writing- While it's not perfect, I'm thankful I have the ability to express my thoughts.
5. Baking my Abuela's Sweet Potato Recipe- This is something really simple, but I'm so thankful I learned how to make this. This dish is my favorite part of Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. The last couple of years, I have been away during the holidays and I have been able to make this dish on my own. Just making this brings me closer to my family even with me being so far away.
6. To Live on a Budget- This again, is a work in progress, but I'm so grateful of all the advice I've read and had in my life. Life is so much easier when you stick to a budget. :)
7. That Family Comes First- I'm grateful that my family has always been there for me, and that they have taught me this lesson. Without family- what do you have?