Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Travel Tuesdays: Mongolia

Happy Tuesday Y'all! 

Today I'm going to take you back to Mongolia. I know I'm flip flopping between countries, but playing catch up is hard. 


While on the second day of our tour, we visited a Buddhist Monastery in Terjli National Park. This wasn't on the tour itinerary, but our wonderful guide Jangar added it in for us. And I'm so glad he did. It was beautiful. We had to hike up there, but it was so worth it. 

Before leaving for Mongolia- I was talking to my Dad about getting hiking shoes for the trip, but not wanting true hiking shoes because I don't hike. My Dad said- well, if you hike you will see some amazing things. And one this trip I really learned that. There were times I really didn't want to keep walking, but every time I made it to the top- it was completely worth it. 
















On the way up to the  temple there were all these scriptures or proverbs of sorts for us to read. 






Mongolia was so beautiful in the fall. The weather was perfect and the leaves were so beautiful. 

I'm glad I walked up to the top to the temple and saw the wonderful view it provided. 

Questions- to hike or not to hike? 

2 comments:

  1. I want to go to Mongolia so bad. That's one of my top must-see destinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing. We loved our trip and all the things we got to see.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex