Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Reflections: Months 15 and 16

Happy Thursday Y'all! 

Today I wanted to write a few thoughts on life in Korea and where we are at now.  16 months! Can you believe it. I haven't been home or stepped foot in America in 16 months. For Matt it's closer to 18. 


Our time in Korea is running down. We will be leaving Korea at the start of May. We are excited and a bit nervous. Mongolia was our last international trip, so we are getting a bit antsy to travel again. We have tickets to Thailand booked for February and plan on hitting Hong Kong before leaving. We have New Year's off and were thinking about going somewhere, but tickets are a little too expensive. 

Anyway- here's where things are. 

Things I'm Excited For Back Home: 
-Seeing family
-Figuring out what school we will be going to and where our next home will be 
- Chick-fil-A
-Home cooked meals where it's easy to find all the ingredients 
-Starting school again 
-Seeing my BFs new baby
-Seeing my new niece 
-Target 

Things That Make Me Nervous About Home: 
- Driving 
-Feeling antsy and trapped about living in America
-Feeling bored 
-Being around large groups of Americans
-Starting school again 
-Listening to political talk 
- Matt finding a job right away 

I am excited for the next chapter in our lives, and I am ready to get this graduate degree under my belt. But I would be lying if I didn't say we are already looking at how we can make it back overseas. I really think this is our future- life as expats. It's just so much fun. We would love to be in Europe. Or even Japan. Shoot- we'd move back to Korea if we could find jobs in our actual fields. 

And there you have it months 15 and 16. 

4 comments:

  1. I am about to head home for Christmas after 14 months away and I am feeling much more nervous about returning to the states than I thought I would. Target though, I can't wait to go to Target!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to see pictures from your trip home. Have fun at target!

      Delete
  2. I think it would be fun to be an expat for awhile, but I couldn't see myself doing it long term. I love America too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get really used to living overseas. I never thought I would want to return to Korea to live, but I would do it in a heartbeat if we had better jobs.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex