Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Monday, December 8, 2014

Seoul Lantern Festival: 2014

Happy Monday Y'all! 

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Matt and I enjoyed a nice quite weekend at home. I caught up on some things and watched a bunch of movies at home. 


Today I thought I would share this year's adventure to the Seoul Lantern Festival. We went last year and really loved looking at all the lanterns, so we wanted to try it again this year. We went on the opening weekend, and we got there a little late- man what a mistake! The crowds were so flipping crazy. 

We didn't even make it down to the stream to take a close up look at the lanterns. The line was so long and at one point I thought I could have been trampled if I happened to fall. We got out of line and just walked along the top of the path. 

We were happy enough with the pictures, and then we got out of the craziness of a Korean festival. 




























Looking back at the pictures, I am really happy we went. But it's taken me a month to look at them because I was so frustrated with the actual experience of going. Festivals here are really cool, but really crowded- especially if you go during the weekend. I think if you can go on the week- do it! 

I honestly don't know if I'd go to anymore festivals here, but I don't regret visiting this one. 

So question- would you brave the crowds to visit a festival you were interested in? 

Click here to see the pictures from last year's Lantern Festival

6 comments:

  1. Those lanterns are impressive! I am not a fan of crowded events either but try and brave them for at least a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! I'm glad we braved the crowds for a bit.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was. I'm glad we got to go both years we were here. I'm always so impressed with the way the lanterns look.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex