Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Genghis Khan Statue: Mongolia {Travel Tuesday}

Happy Christmas Eve Eve Y'all! 

I hope most of you are getting some rest before the big holiday. Matt and I have to work tomorrow (boo), but we are looking forward to having Christmas off to be together. 

I wanted to take a break from the last minute Christmas stuff I have to do and share one other pretty cool thing we got to see in Mongolia. 

This Genghis Khan statue is 131 feet and 3 inches tall- which is the tallest statue of its kind. 

It is located on the Tuul River where legend says he found a golden whip. The statue is pointed east towards his birthplace. 







You can walk up to the head of the horse and the view is pretty cool, and you get a good close up of Genghis' face.  There is also a museum located in the visitors center. 

Outside- there is guy that has a hawk and a vulture that you can hold and snap some pictures for a small price. 




{How creepy is this?} 

This was a pretty cool stop has our tour wrapped up. They are adding new stuff to this museum and statue, so I am sure it will just get better and better.

5 comments:

  1. That statue is incredibly immense and awe inspiring. So sorry to hear you have to work tomorrow but I hope you fully enjoy Christmas day together.

    Thank you for sharing this, I have a friend that is visiting Mongolia soon and I will be sure to pass this on!

    Angie from reasons to dress, I’ve recently blogged about Italy’s best panino , feel free to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie. I hope your friend as a great trip to Mongolia.

      Delete
  2. The maximum allowed deduction is technically defined as twice the daily per diem amount allowed for federal executive branch employees. all vacation destinations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex