Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Monday, March 10, 2014

Project Life: 2014 {February}

Happy Monday Y'all! 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Saturday, Matt and I went on an adventure to Chinatown with some friends. I'll be sharing our adventure soon, but for now I want to talk about my Project Life progress. 

A few weeks ago, I shared with you guys the start of my Digital Project Life journey. So far I'm not too far behind. I have been working on our Japan trip, and I only have a few more pages until I am finished with that. Luckily, after Japan I will only have one or two pages to do. My goal is to be all caught up by the end of the month. 

Here are my layouts for our first day in Japan: 

{click to view images larger} 

 {I am in love with the way this page turned out- I love the merged picture at the top of the right side.} 



I am really happy with the way these pages have turned out. I know typical Project Life users do a layout per week, but I am doing more of a layout per event. Since it's just the two of us- our day to day life is pretty boring. There are only so many layouts I can do of our work and home life. The main function of our album is to document our life while living as expats. 

For Japan, each place we visited is getting at least one page, and the bigger places (like Fushimi Inari) will get two pages. 

For my first year, I'll just be sticking with using the Midnight Edition for all my layouts. Right now I change what templates I use for each page, but I change up what cards and background pages I use. I only work on my project life about once a month because I have a lot of other stuff to be working on at the moment, but luckily, I haven't gotten too far behind. I also can finish my pages pretty quickly because I'm used to making digital books in the past. The hardest part is picking what pictures I want in my book- we take so many pictures- I want to share all of them, but that is not possible. 

Next month I'll talk about all the ways I save my digital Project Life book, and hopefully a few more pages. 

This is my second month using Project Life, and I am still very happy with the results and the process. I have found a working rhythm and I love seeing the progress I'm making. I haven't decided if I'm going to use Project Life for my 2013 pictures, but I'll let you know when I do. 

Projects Used: 
Midnight Edition 
Templates A, B, C, D, and F

*Note: I did not receive compensation for this review- I am merely sharing my personal experience using this product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex