Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Letters #28

Happy Friday Y'all! 

I don't know about you, but I am so happy it's Friday. I have been so tired all week, and I'm looking forward to relaxing this weekend. We don't have any major plans, so I'm excited to just lounge around for two days. 

Now onto the letters: 

Dear White Day, Thank you- Korea- for giving me another excuse for buying a cake and eating it in a day. White Day in Korea is basically like Valentine's Day. On Valentine's Day, the girls usually give the boys in their lives candy and presents. On White Day, the girls get the gifts. However, we did things completely backwards. 

Since Matt treated me to a weekend getaway to Seoul over Valentine's Day, it was only fitting I reciprocate by buying this strawberry cake from Paris Baguette. {Completely even- right?} But for real- that cake was delicious. 


Dear Favorite Student, {I know teachers shouldn't have favorites- but give me a teacher that says they don't and I say LIAR.} We all have our favorites, and we all have the ones we want to throw out the window… or at least hope for an absent day. About a moth ago, I got a new student and she was put in a class all by herself. At first I was really pissed off because they added a class just for one girl, but the moment I met her I fell in teacher love. She is perfect. I love starting my friday with this class, and I love the one-on-one time. This is Lora, and I love being her teacher. 


Dear Blast from the Past, Oh my gosh- Today I was looking through my old Facebook feed and I came across this old JibJab I made back in 2009. And it was amazing. I'm so glad I found it. I remember making it when I was in London and really missing my brother Joe. Sometimes I worry about the time I spend on Facebook or Twitter, but I'm so happy we have these things to share our lives and keep our memories. Matt and I still have the Skype IM conversations from when I was in London, and the letters we wrote each other while he was on his mission. We were just friends at the time, but I'm so happy we have these memories recorded for the years to come. 

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!
{Don't worry- this just might take a few seconds/ minutes to load}

Dear Korean Dramas, Yes- I'm still watching. I finished "Heirs" last Sunday and I'm trying to find another one I really like. I've been watching "Bride of the Century", but I need another one. On our walk to church last Sunday, we came across this shop advertisement and I just had to take a picture with it. 

It's Choi Young Do from "Heirs"- hahaha. Luckily, no one was in the shop, so it didn't look too weird that I was taking a picture. 

Dear Readers, I wanted to start something a bit new with these weekly letters. Part of having a blog is being part of the blogging community and getting to know other bloggers. Each week, I'm going to share a few of my favorite posts that I read throughout the week. Reading other blogs is such an inspiration to me, and I want to share that inspiration with y'all. 

Our Weekly Reads- 

This week Chantal over at Scattered Seashells opened up On Being Sad- and it was completely honest. I agreed with every word Chantal wrote.  As an expat, it's so nice to know we are not alone. 

Amanda over at Living in Another Language got me so very excited for our upcoming trip to Thailand. Her post on the Baan Chang Elephant Park is amazing. The best thing about reading other travel blogs is you can plan your trip a little better by seeing what these 'experts' have done. 

Casey at True Colours left me awestruck with the wonderful pictures she showed of the Taj Mahal. I know India is not our travel list any time soon, but I was so excited to see these photos. If you ever want to get a strong dose of Wanderlust- just head over to Casey's side of the web world. 

 I hope you have an amazing weekend. 

Love, Alex 

We Took the Road Less Traveled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex