Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Letters #54 and #55

Happy Happy Friday Y'all! 

I hope you all had a wonderful week. I'm sorry for skipping out on y'all this week, but I was not feeling too hot. Luckily, I am feeling tons better, so next week I can start sharing Mongolia and Vietnam with y'all. 

Dear Fall, Thanks for coming. The days might not know it's Fall yet, but the evenings are quickly catching on. We are loving the cooler temperatures and can't wait to see the leaves change colors. Fall is my most favorite season and I am happy you're here. 

Dear Mongolia, You are amazing. Seriously- the best trip we've had so far. Even though I was sick and chipped a tooth on a rock that was in my cereal (yes-that happened)- Mongolia was awesome! I loved exploring around the Central Mountain Steppes. I loved seeing the birth place of Chinggis Khan. I loved sleeping in a ger. (Yes- GER- not YURT.)And I loved meeting our guide Jangar, who happened to be a member of the Church, so we got the hook up. Mongolia I can't wait to return! 

I can't wait to start sharing our trip with y'all. Mongolia should be added to your bucket list. 


{I mean- how awesome is this ger.} 

Dear Step Up All In, Like all other Step Up movies- the plot was ridiculous, but the dancing was great. It was a nice date night for us. Anytime we can catch a movie in English- we do it. 


Dear Korean BBQ, Oh- it had been way too long. Like always- you were delicious. This Monday for Family Home Evening- we decided to meet up at our old BBQ place and treat ourselves to some meat. It was wonderful. I always loving going there because the owner loves us and always seats us at the 'family' table. Yum Yum! 


Dear Vic Market, Thanks for being a good date night spot. Vic Market is the Korean version of Costco. They sell some great American brands, so we like to shop there every couple of weeks. Usually Matt goes by himself on his way from work, but tonight I met him for date night. We had a nice Vic Market hotdog and scored some yummy food for the week. Does this make us an old married couple that we have dates at Vic Market? 


I hope you have a great weekend! 

See ya Monday. 

Love, Alex 

2 comments:

  1. Korean BBQ is my absolute favourite thing but it's so expensive outside of Asia! I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the greatest thing! I am not looking forward to the days back in the states without BBQ right outside my apartment.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex