Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, March 29, 2013

Dying Easter Eggs

For as long as I can remember, my family would meet at my Abuela and Papa's house and dye Easter eggs every year. And every year we would have two Easter Egg Hunts- one for the kids and one for the adults. My Abuela has this awesome Easter bunny hat she wears and it's just an all around great time! 

 (I still remember my dad, Barry, hip checking my Abuela to the ground in order to secure himself one more egg during one of the adult egg hunts!)

We would have a blast at my Abuela's house. One thing I love about my Abuela is the emphasis she puts on holidays. I don't think it is the holiday itself that she loves, but the fact that it brings our family together. When I think of holidays in my family, I immediately think of being at my Abuela and Papa's house. 

One thing being married has taught me is to really emphasize holiday traditions within my own little family of two. I want my children and grandchildren to have the same fun memories that I had.

So like I said before: Dying Easter Eggs. Matt and I haven't done this the last two years! And this year I was 'putting my foot down'. We are dying Easter Eggs no matter what! 

I am very excited to do this. This year we invited our cousins Josh & Ari and Kea & Kaianui over on Sunday to have Easter Brunch and to dye eggs. 

Here are some egg decorations that I am dying to try (pun intended): 


{Silk Dyed Easter Eggs tutorial here}


{Black and White Eggs found here. I think Matt would be great at this.}


{Polka Dot found here}


{Glitter Eggs found here


{Mustache Eggs found here


{Tie Dye Eggs found here


{Sprinkle Eggs found here


{Sequin Easter Eggs found here}

I am very excited to at least be dying Easter Eggs this year, and to get to do it with some of my favorite people. 

What's your favorite way to dye Easter eggs? 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex