Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Wrapping the Presents

Most years I hate wrapping the presents I buy. I am not very good at it, and I lose my patience pretty easily. It also doesn't help that my Mom is really really good at wrapping. Every year I would see her wrapping the presents with such ease, and then I would try it and they would look rough.

This year I wanted it to be different. I wanted our presents to stand out and be a little different, so I hit up Pinterest to see what I could find. While searching I came across this wonderful blog called Older and Wiser. This woman has so many ideas on how to wrap presents and how to wrap on a tight budget.

If you every want to try anything different for wrapping, I would encourage you to go to this blog!

I looked at some of her ideas and then tried to think of what I wanted to do.

Here is what I came up with:



Matt and I went to Target for a few presents and while there I found myself in the Christmas section. Because it was so close to the holiday, everything was 30% off or higher! 

So I bought 1 roll of Snowman wrapping paper for $2.50, 2 boxes of assorted silver ornament balls for $5.00, 4 packs of colored jingle bells for $1 each, and a few $2 cloth animal ornaments, and gift tags (I wanted to make my own, but this way was cheaper and matched the ornaments well.) 

When I wrapped I alternated between how many of each every present would get. Matt's parents had some twine lying around so I used that to string my ornaments. 

I think my presents look really good. This way definitely took a bit longer, but each present is unique.

What do you think?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex