Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Monday, August 4, 2014

Ta Som: Cambodia

Happy Monday Y'all 

I hope your weekend was amazing. I can't wait to start sharing Vietnam with you guys, but for now- a quick post on Ta Som Temple. 

Again- this was one of our temples from our second day of exploration. This temple was constructed in the end of the 12th century, and was destroyed in the 15th-16th centuries. In 1998, Cambodia started on the restoration project of this temple. The project is ongoing and today there is still scaffolding surrounding some parts of the temple.









Like every temple I've shared in the last couple of months- Ta Som- is just as amazing. Ta Som isn't as popular as the big 3, but I think it's worth walking around for a bit.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to Ta Som - but I love how it's in the middle of so much greenery. Just gorgeous. And the fact that it looks like it could crumple at any given moment. Amazing.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire- I completely agree! The state of disrepair adds so much to the temple. It had just been raining so everything looked even more green. Ta Som was such a beautiful place to visit.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex