Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Letters #51

Happy Friday Y'all! 

I hope you had a wonderful week. Like most weeks, ours was pretty boring, but here's what we were up to. 

Dear Students, I would have to say- y'all are driving me crazy right now. Man oh man do I wish we had a long break coming up. I need a couple weeks to break away from my students. I really think that's the biggest benefit to teaching in America- the summer and Christmas break. I always enjoyed detoxing from my students and having a little time away to start to miss them. Here in Korea- I've seen my kids straight for a whole year and they are driving me crazy. I am so tired of saying "Read the directions." and "Look at the book" over and over and over. Maybe this upcoming Chuseok break will be the time apart I need.... but I doubt it. 

Dear Crochet Lessons, So far so good. I'm currently learning the double crochet and have figured out the single and the half double. I am still crocheting a little tight, but my goal is to work on that this weekend. (Any tips would be appreciated.) I can't wait to get past the lessons and start creating something. It feels really good to be learning something new. I love continuing my education in these small ways. Next up weaving! 
 
 

Dear Doctor, Thank you for keeping us company throughout the week. This week we said goodbye to Rose Tyler and hello to Martha Jones. I still prefer Rose over Martha- but I'm sure I'll get used to the change. Each episode I fall more in love with this show. 

Dear Schmitt Family, I hope you're prepared for our Harry Potter battle this Sunday. Thanks for inviting us over again- we promise not to kick your butts too much.

Dear Weekend, Thanks for coming. We are excited to bum around and get things ready for our Mongolia trip. Tomorrow I get my computer back, and I am so excited. Matt is happy to not have to share his laptop anymore. 

Have a wonderful weekend! 

Love, Alex

5 comments:

  1. A Harry Potter battle? I need to hear more about this ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- I did make it sound pretty dramatic! We are just playing Harry Potter scene it.

      Delete
  2. You'll get used to Martha, but she always bugged me, just a little. I don't not like her; I just don't like her as much as I like some of the other companions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However, I must add that the Shakespeare Code is one of my all-time FAVORITE episodes. If you haven't already watched it, you'll soon see why. :)

      Delete
    2. Okay- I did like Shakespeare Code, but I really never got used to Martha. I really loved Donna Noble. We are almost to the 11th Doctor, but I can't see liking him better than 10. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex