Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dream Big

{image via}

I was talking to a friend a couple days ago, and we started to talk about all the exciting things our friends were doing. It seems like everyone we know is doing something very exciting... whether it's having a baby, getting married, going to medical school, graduating from grad school, living in New York, or traveling around the world. Everyone we know is up to something!

It's all very exciting. And all these things are adventures in their own right. 

My friend and I were kinda getting jealous of our friends when we realized we were on our very own adventures. 

We are all unique, and we all have different dreams and expectations for our lives. 

When we start getting the mentality that the 'grass is greener' we just need to remember that our dreams are just as great as others. 

We need to Dream Big. 

And continue to always Dream Big. 

For Matt and I, that right now means moving our lives to a foreign country and teaching English for a year. For others, it's going straight to grad school and continuing their education. And others are starting their little families. 

A year ago our plan and our dreams looked completely different than what we are doing now. We had always talked about moving to Asia to teach, but I never thought it would be this soon. But then my dad said 'If you don't go now, you'll never go.' 

And we thought 'what the heck' let's try it. And here we are: Matt is living in Korea and I am meeting him a little over a month! 

So I guess to sum up- Dream Big and never stop doing so! 

What are your dreams?

2 comments:

  1. I think that it is so awesome that ya'll are following your dreams with that attitude. Never get stuck in the "this is what I'm supposed to do because this is what I should do at ."

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried so hard I pooped a little bit. Good post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex