Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dress Shopping


This post is a little late... but late is better than never!

So as most of you know Matt and I got engaged on April 4 and just a couple weeks after that my mom, Abuela, and Maid of Honor, Beth went wedding dress shopping! I mean the planner and book I have say the first thing to do is to find my dress so I had to do what the books say! I want to stay as calm as possible during this planning process and for me that means sticking to a organized plan so first things first the dress!There are only a couple modest dress shops in Georgia so on the 20th of April we tried our luck at the first one called "Lorna's Bridal and Formalwear". This was all the way in Loganville- which is about an hour away from my house and trust me it was the longest ride ever! Once we got to the town it really did not look promising- it was a really small boutique and when I looked at the dresses all I saw was rows of sparkle.... and I am not one for sparkle! It was funny because Melissa- the owner- asked me what I wanted and liked in a wedding dress and I was like "Well I don't know." Which is strange because I knew I had an idea I just couldn't think of it... but then she asked if I knew what I didn't like and of course I had a long list of what I did NOT like! That is just so typical of me- since I am a wedding snob I know what I hate but can't put in words what I love! But Melissa was super nice and let me just go through the racks and pull whatever I thought I liked.... and at first I had only pulled out a few and she just told me to pull as many as I wanted even if I didn't think I liked them because they might look different on. It was good that Beth was there because she pulled some for me and was really really helpful- although she said she was a little scared because I was so picky! :)
After I pulled out what felt like 30+ dresses it was finally time to try on! Here are some pictures of the dresses that I did not get!
This was the first dress I tried on and I didn't like it at all! (Also, please get used to the weird arm placements and facial expressions... I can't seem to stand normal!)
Here is one that was in my top three I did like it.. but did not love it!
I did like this one it was also in the top three or four I think- the picture above is the back and below is the front- at this point I think Abuela told me they had been taking pictures of just the dress not my face so this is what I thought of that! Here is a dress that really looked horrible on me- hahahaHaving fun in the dressing room! Beth having fun while I am trying on one of my many dresses!

Needless to say- my dress looks nothing like any of these dresses that are pictured above. But I must say I LOVE MY DRESS! I really have never seen anyone in anything like it! Of course you can't see it... but here is a little LITTLE sneak peak! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. "It was good that Beth was there because she pulled some for me and was really really helpful- although she said she was a little scared because I was so picky! :)"

    Haha. I think we were that way at the Bridesmaid shopping as well.

    Love the pictures. I can't wait for November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha I thought that about bridesmaids dress shopping... I mean I know I am picky but I wanted you guys to be happy too! I can't wait for November too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex