Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Monday, March 23, 2015

Reflections #19

Happy Monday Y'all! 

It's been a while since I've reflected on my time here in the ROK. In fact, I left off on month 16. Way back then I listed things I was excited for and things I was nervous for. 


And that list has pretty much stayed the same. Except I am way more excited to be going back, but way more nervous about driving. 

The thing I've realized about nearing the end of your time in a foreign country there are highs and lows. Some days I can't wait for time to speed up (actually this is most of the time). And other days- I really want to take in as much of Korea as I can. We have a few more Korea trips on the books that we are looking forward to. 

We love Korea. We are just tired of teaching English and working for our schools. We are tired of our teeny weeny apartment (and by apartment I mean room). We are tired of the lack of American products. 

But we will miss traveling. We will miss the pretty great public transportation. We will miss living in a foreign country.  

So like I said- highs and lows at month 19 (and really closer to 20). 

Things feel a lot better now that we know exactly where we will be going in May. We are excited for our summer vacation before Matt goes job hunting and I start school! 

I look forward to reflecting for the next two months! 

Have a great week. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure knowing where you're headed next takes a lot of the anxiety out of moving on. That's always the scariest thing for me, not knowing what's next.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex