Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wanderlust Wednesday: Natural Wonders {A Link Up}

Today I am linking up with Casey from True Colours for her monthly Wanderlust Wednesday link-up. This is the first time I am taking part in Wanderlust Wednesday and I am very excited. 
{PS- If you haven't been to Casey's blog yet, I would highly encourage you to.} 


True Colours

I wanted to go back in time and share with you one of the most wonderful places I have ever been: 
The Isle of Skye. 

{The Old Man of Storr} 

Lately, I have been reading all these blog posts about these wonderful adventures to the UK, and they really make me miss my time as a study abroad student. 

While studying abroad, a friend of mine, Jenny, and I had the opportunity to take a tour through the highlands of Scotland and visit the Isle of Skye. Jenny and I booked a three day tour through the company Rabbie's, and it was awesome. Our guide was great, and the tour was even better. Rabbie's offers all sorts of driving/ hiking tours throughout the U.K., and what's great is you set the budget and they will set up your accommodations. I like booking tours like this because you have an expert driving you around and they give you a bunch of history and facts surrounding the area. 

We went in the Fall and a lot of reviews said it would not be at its prettiest, but I could not image it any more beautiful. Plus, there were only three other people on our tour bus, so it made the tour a little more flexible. 

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the tour: 

{The Highlands} 

 {Bearreraig Bay}

 {Me and Jenny}


 {Creag An Fheilidh}

 {Neist Point}

 {Neist Point Lighthouse}

{Eilean Donan Castle} 

What do you think is the Isle of Skye a natural wonder? Would you ever visit the Isle of Skye? 

12 comments:

  1. Scotland, or really all of the UK, is top on my travel list! It just looks so breathtaking! I loved seeing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment. I can't wait to go back to the UK- it was one of the best experiences I've had.

      Delete
  2. Alex, these photos are unbelievable! What an amazing landscape (it looks straight out of a fairy tale). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, It really was the best trip. Every thing I saw was just beautiful! Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely stunning photos!!! Thanks for linking up :) And I can't wait to explore your blog more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casey, Thanks for reading the post and leaving your comment! I am such a fan of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most beautiful place in the world! Remember how I was supposed to go with you guys and then got BUSTED? Haha, ooooh, good times. Glad I got to go later, cuz that's a must see before you die. Awesome pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha- Yeah I remember, at least everything worked out. It really is the most beautiful place.

      Delete
  6. beautiful pictures! i love the waterfall photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The waterfall photo was my screen saver for a long long time.

      Delete
  7. okay, its settled i have to go there next! Such gorgeous photographs! Thank you for linking up with Belinda and I for Travel Tuesday! I hope you link up again next week.

    Bonnie Rose | A Compass Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie- Thanks so much for leaving your comment. I hope you get the chance to go to the Isle of Skye- it really is amazing. I always love linking up for Travel Tuesday and seeing all the wonderful places everyone goes.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex