Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, July 5, 2013

Hawaii- Shark's Cove {Travel Series}

I thought since I have lived in Hawaii for about 4 1/2 years I would give a little tour of the island. 

This series will go through the places I think you should see while in Hawaii, specifically the island of Oahu. 

 Shark's Cove 
Cost: Free *Snorkeling Gear is available for a small rental fee 
Time: 1-3 hours *Dependent on how long you want to snorkel or scuba dive 
Location: North Shore, Oahu 59-712 Kamehameha Hwy Haleiwa

{My beautiful cousins- Jake and Jessie} 

Shark's Cove is a great place to snorkel and, if you are certified, to scuba. Make sure you pick a day where there is a low surf advisory. For the best visibility, you will want to go when the ocean is nice and calm. I have been to Shark's Cove many times and have seen some cool sea creatures each time I've gone. (Sea Turtles, Eels, and plenty of fish) This is a good place to start your snorkeling adventures because it is not too deep, and if you are nervous you can stay close to shore and still see a lot of stuff. If you are more adventurous you can go out further. 

*Be sure to get there early for parking.*

*One thing that is a bit annoying about Shark's Cove is it is a bit rocky and can be hard to get in the water. I recommend going to the most beachy part of the cove and getting in from there. While the rocks might look nice and smooth- they can be a bit dangerous when trying to get in and out of the water, so make sure to be cautious.*


{Don't know why my face looks like that!}




We had such a blast snorkeling. The water was so clear and there were tons of fish. *I know the pictures aren't the greatest, but it's really hard to capture how beautiful it is under water.

Jessie, Jake, and I were having so much fun. Jessie and Jake are really good at free diving... me- not so much.



{Look how good they dive down and pose for a picture.}


{Jake had to literally hold me under water just for me to stay under and get a picture.}


{I finally figured it out... a little}

At least I provided entertainment for my cousins! 

1 comment:

  1. We picked some up at a convenience store nearby, but did get a little wet in the process. international flights & hotels

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex