Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Money Lei and Other Cute Gift Ideas

{image via}

Well, graduation season is officially upon us. And for those rushing to find the perfect gift, I think I have an idea for you. 

I know when I graduated I was really grateful for cash because then I could get what I needed for my dorm room. {It's not like they have gift registries for graduating!} But giving cash in a card is just boring! 

So I thought I would try my hand at making a Money Lei. 

I searched Pinterest and I found this tutorial from the blog Lil' Luna

{Click here for the full tutorial.} 



You will need: 
Paper - I used cardstock in the school colors
Crisp $1 bills- I used $20, but you can use however you want
Hot glue gun
Glue dots
Ribbon 
Scissors 

You start with making paper pinwheels. 


{Again, Lil' Luna has the step by step tutorial.} 

Then I just strung the pinwheels onto the ribbon. 




{Thanks to Matt for being my model.} 

*Now, I must warn you that this is time consuming. This lei takes a lot longer than the  one-straw  lei tutorial, which only took about 45 minutes. But you can definitely do it in a day, it just takes some time.* 

Here are some other cute ideas to give money if you don't want to try your hand at the lei. 


{image via


{image via}


{image via}



1 comment:

  1. I loved the picture frame money idea and gave it to my boyfriend as a graduation gift

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex