Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Friday, October 19, 2012

Think Pink

October is Breast Cancer awareness month... it is also AIDS awareness and many other awareness month, but in my family breast cancer is a little more real to us.


(Please don't mind my ashy feet.... GA is a drier than I am used to) 

My great grandmother, Laura Conner, died of breast cancer, and my Abuela, Kitty Stewart, was diagnosed with breast cancer in September of 2009. She went through chemo and has been cancer free for a while now.

This year Abuela and my Aunt Sara decided they wanted to walk in the Susan G. Komen 3 day 60 mile walk to raise money for breast cancer research.

To me this seems like a crazy idea... in order to be able to walk 60 miles... (hint: to be allowed to register) you have to raise $2500 each! You are literally paying to be in pain. Hahaha okay to them it did not seem like this, but to me I could not imagine a worse fate!

Anyway, Abuela and Sara raised the money to take part in this walk and support the cause. I am very proud of them and the fact they lasted 60 miles.


(Sara ran off before I could take a picture with her)  

The walk happened to be the weekend I flew in to surprise my family so I was able to surprise them on their walk. It was great to see Abuela and Sara working so hard for something they care deeply about.

So guys for the rest of October Think Pink! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex