Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Sunday, August 5, 2012

London Olympic Update

For me, the last week has basically been olympics, olympics, and of course more olympics. Since the 27th our t.v. has barely left NBC. 

 I have heard a lot of complaints about NBC's olympic coverage and their lack of primetime diversity. And you know these are just not 'true' olympic fans. I say this because true olympic fans watch more than NBC's primetime coverage. A real fan watches the coverage all day and into the wee hours of the morning. A real fan is dedicated to reading all the news updates and catching on-line clips of all the events. A real fan doesn't let primetime coverage discourage them from watching other events. 

Haha- I am kidding... a little. I think overall NBC has been fine. I mean the primetime coverage is what the majority of Americans want to watch, so it makes sense what they show. 

Now, I know I might be a little a lot obsessed with watching as much olympics as I possibly can, but let me make it clear- I am on intersession or a break from work. I literally have nothing to do, so I have the luxury of watching 24/ 7 olympic coverage. 

Well, enough of the NBC haters! Let's talk about what I have seen. This past week has brought some highs and it has brought some lows. I have cried... I have yelled... I have scared my husband away... all in all I have become an olympic nut job... and I have loved every minute of it. 

I have watched swimming (of course), volleyball, both men/ women's and beach and regular, water polo, kayaking, diving, fencing, judo, cycling, indoor cycling, rowing, track and field, basketball, trampoline, tennis, gymnastics, shooting, archery, and even some equestrian ( I mean who could pass up seeing the Queen's granddaughter compete!) 

The other day, NBC was taking a break from olympic coverage and I changed the channel and saw Will Ferrel on Conan. And of course they were talking about the olympics and I started laughing because Will was acting like a USA nut and I was like oh my gosh- Will is doing an impression of ME!!! 

I showed Matt and we just laughed because I am pretty sure I was saying the same things about the Russian gymnasts! 

For more insight, please watch this video. This will show you just how excited I get about the olympics, and trust me it is not an exaggeration. 



I hope your Olympic experience is going as great as mine is! All I have to say is I am glad we are finally beating out China in the metal race! And GO TEAM USA!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex