Home Our Lives Our Travels Advertise/PR 50 by 50 Home Image Map

Thursday, November 17, 2011

PRAXIS


(These are just some of the books I used to study!)

For about the past 5 or 6 months I have been studying off and on for the Praxis II: Content Knowledge. This test is the 2nd out of 3 I have to take to become certified to teach. I took Praxis I a while ago and it was a piece of cake! Praxis II is a whole other ball game!

Since my content is history, the closest content area is social studies which includes: U.S. History, World History, Political Science, Geography, Economics, and the social sciences (Psych, Anthropology, and Sociology)!

Now, if you don't know better this is a whole lota content to be studying. And that is what I have been doing on top of writing my senior research paper (25-30 pages), completing two days at a middle school for Observation and Practicum and taking another 5 classes... oh yeah and working!

Needless to say I have been very busy! Now, I can handle it and I have been, but I just can't wait to be done in December and just focus on Student Teaching!

So I took the Praxis II last Saturday and will get my results in early December! And it was the hardest test I have taken in my educational career! Holy Crap I would not be surprised if I failed! Luckily, if I do I can take it again in January with my third test the PLT. But everyone send good thoughts that I passed- I could sure use some!

I have been driving Matt crazy since taking it analyzing over every question I can remember and asking him repeatedly if he thinks I passed. I am sure he can't wait till I get my scores!

Hopefully, now I can focus on my paper and the rest of my school work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment- I appreciate and read each and every one of them. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them!

- Alex